Tuesday, November 1, 2011

What is PCOS

After my last post, I've been asked a lot of questions, along with so much support. First of all, I would like to thank each and everyone of you. Second, I want to clarify and explain what Matt and I are dealing with. I have Polycystic ovary syndrome, known as PCOS. Normally, one or more eggs are released during each menstrual cycle, ovulation. In polycystic ovary syndrome, the eggs in these follicles do not mature and are not released from the ovaries. Instead, they can form very small cysts in the ovary. These changes can contribute to infertility. The other symptoms of this disorder are due to the hormone imbalances.

As for me, I have not had a menstrual cycle since July of 2010, over a year and a half. I was placed on medicines this past December and due to the side effects, I have stopped. Matt and I are in the process of taking the next step. Please pray for us during this time!

Information used in this post came from the following website

PubMed Health

1 comment:

  1. Jodee-I too have PCOS and have had the struggles of dealing with infertility and hormone imbalances. Please know that I am here if you need someone to talk to. I found out about 12 years ago so I have been living with it for quite some time. I am praying for you and here to support you! -Hope

    ReplyDelete